Saturday, November 27, 2010

Personal Commemoration- Reflection #7

An event that I want to commemorate is the day I discovered the actor, Johnny Depp.  I first was introduced to this brilliant actor when watching the movie, Pirates of the Caribbean, with my mother.  The moment which he entered the movie, I gasped and asked my mom “who is that?!” and was told that he was Johnny Depp.  From that moment, Johnny Depp has become a big part of my life.  I have watched his movies over and over again and my room is decorated in Johnny Depp merchandise ranging from magnets and bobble heads to blankets and a life size poster.  To commemorate this event, I will celebrate this day starting on his birthday, June 9th.  The event will include a Johnny Depp’s movie marathon, a Johnny Depp character dress-up party, and a gallery of his pictures.  This event will last for 3 days to commemorate Johnny Depp’s favorite number.  Each guest that comes to this event will have to bring their favorite Johnny Depp quote or movie line that will be read out loud during the party.  A phrase that will be said at this ritual will be “Just.  What a horrible candle-snuffing word.  That’s like saying he is just an actor” which is a parody of one of his quotes from the movie Finding Neverland.  Finally, the guests will be fed Sticky Toffee Pudding which is one of his favorite foods.  It is important to commemorate this event not only to remember the day I was introduced to this actor but also to admire Johnny Depp’s amazing acting skills and dashing good-looks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment